The Gourmet Trip is upon us! Join us for a short backpacking trip (less than two miles), good food, great people, song, dance, and a trip you will not soon forget! Put away your comfy nylon zip-off hiking pants for a weekend and don some high-class attire. Dine on a feast of culinary treats, while competing against others to see who can cook the fanciest, tastiest, and most gourmet dish using whatever you can bear to carry with you. We encourage all kinds of outdoor luxuries: tablecloths, mood lighting, musical performances… the only limit is your creativity! The Gourmet Trip is a CHAOS classic, since 1979!
Saturday, October 29th – Sunday, October 30th
Henry Coe State Park, Manzanita Point Group Campsites #9 and #10
- Sign up here
- Attend one of the planning meetings to find a ride and a cooking group:
- Monday, October 17th: 7pm, Terrace Cafe
- Tuesday, October 18th: 7pm, Terrace Cafe
- Pay a $5 fee at a planning meeting or regular CHAOS meeting (waived for drivers).
- Print and Sign the waiver. Then, either scan it and Andy (firstname.lastname@example.org), or hand in a hard copy at a meeting.
- Show up!
How much does it cost?
Not much. There’s a $5 fee that goes towards the campground reservation, and you’ll probably want to give your driver some money for gas (~$10). Depending on when you arrive, it might cost $8 per vehicle to park at the Visitor’s Center (The first 10 or so cars are free). Food cost depends on what your group decides to make, but is usually pretty cheap. You can borrow gear from the gear shed for free.
Do you have any photos from previous years?
Yep! Some Flickr albums from previous Gourmet Trips are available here:
If you’ve got any you’d like to share, please let us know!