*These numbers do NOT reflect the current amount of gear currently in the gear shed. These are just our TOTAL numbers.
Gear that we have
Expand each item to view specific items and/or caring and cleaning policies
If you are curious about how much gear is currently in the shed, please contact the gear officer in charge of the most recent gear shed hour (information found on calendar)
- DRY OFF YOUR TENT BEFORE PUTTING IT BACK IN THE BAG
- Dust off the tent before rolling it up and putting it in the tent bag.
- Roll the tent up the fancy way that you unrolled them (Don’t just stuff it in the bag – Usually folding it into thirds works well)
- If your tent came with stakes, keep track of the number of stakes
- Please make sure that all the zippers and pockets are empty before returning your bag
- Due to how often gear gets checked out, if you leave something in a bag it could be a long time before you see it again!
- We rent our all our sleeping bags with sleeping bag liners in order to keep the sleeping bag clean
- PLEASE WASH YOUR SLEEPING BAG LINER BEFORE RETURNING IT TO US (In the laundry machine is fine)
- If your sleeping bag got wet, hang it up to dry before returning it
- If your bag came with a stuff sack, put both the compression sack and sleeping bag in the stuff sack
- Thermarest Z-Lite
- RestRidge Solar
- Please clean your pots and pans before returning them
- If you are not sure how to use a camping stove, please ask the gear officer for assistance. They will show you how when you check out gear.
- You can buy fuel at REI off San Pablo. We do not provide propane for your stove
- Please remove all food and trash before returning your bear can
- Wipe down/disinfect the inside if necessary
- Please backwash the Sawyer Squeeze filter before returning it in order to extend the lifespan of each filter unit
- Dry out the squeeze bag as much as possible
- We have a large collection of maps for you to check out
- We have books on hiking, mountaineering, rock climbing, and more
- Hiking sticks
- Ground tarps
- Bivy sacks
- Climbing shoes